Personal data as defined in the PDPA refers to data about an individual who can be identified from either that particular data, or from that data and other information which we have or likely have access to. Commonly collected personal data of our customers include, amongst other things, names, addresses, telephone (landline and mobile) numbers, e-mail addresses, dates of birth and credit card information.
Personal information such as your name, address, email and telephone number are collected to complete the transaction and deliver the goods to you. Without limitation, this can occur when you:
- make a purchase with us;
- enquire with us on any of our products or request for additional information on our products;
- provide any feedback or complaints with regards to our services;
- participate in any marketing event or activity held by us;
- register your interest by joining our mailing list; or
- create an account with us
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect personal data from our existing and prospective customers and employees for various reasons. Without limitation, these purposes include:
- the verification of your identity;
- marketing and communicating with you in relation to the products and services offered by us and relevant partners, as well as events held by us or our partners affiliated to the brands we distribute;
- processing orders and administering accounts in relation to your use of our products and services, including the processing of purchase/credit transactions;
- improving the quality of our services with market research and surveys;
- providing customer support, such as product inquiry;
- supplying you with information that is relevant to your existing relationship with us;
- for fraud prevention and detection;
- for cross-brand marketing purposes, with both brands held by us and unrelated third parties; or
- in our sole discretion, in exceptional circumstances such as national emergency, security concerns, or other situations in which we deem that such disclosure is prudent.
With your consent, we may contact you via mail, electronic mail, telephone, SMS, facsimile or other forms of communication through mobile applications, about our store, new products and other updates.
In the course of providing our products and services to you, we may need to disclose your personal data with external organisations. The reasons for which we may disclose your personal data are set out under the section “USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA". The possible parties we may share your personal data with include our our affiliates, partners, third party service providers (for the purpose of providing us administrative or marketing support), and governmental or regulatory authorities.
OPTING-OUT / WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT / RETENTION OF DATA
If you would like to unsubscribe from our newsletter, you may follow the instructions provided at the bottom of all sent emails. If you would like to unsubscribe from any of our other mailing lists, or to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data, please write to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected or for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws. Your personal data may also continue to be retained on our databases to the extent permitted by law.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may review and correct your personal data by signing into your user account and selecting 'Update Profile' or equivalent.
When you visit our website, we may assign your web browser one or more website cookies. Cookies are small text files used to enhance your shopping experience, including, but not limited to, maintaining current login, and providing a unique identifier for website statistics.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only if is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
We will protect your personal data using industry standard precautions. While the transference of electronic data over the internet has inherent risks, we will use reasonable precautions to ensure your personal data is not subject to unnecessary risks.
Access to your personal data is only available to the staff who require it to perform their duties.
If you have other questions on our use of your personal data, you may address them to our Data Protection Officer, whom you may contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.